Hunterdon Land Trust is working diligently
to rejuvenate the Dvoor Farm as a community
destination where everyone can enjoy
all the richness it has to offer.
Fulfilling the Promise
Decades ago, citizens, government entities, local foundations and businesses throughout Hunterdon County banded together to preserve the Dvoor Farm.
Recognizing its value to our collective cultural and historic identity, they worked tirelessly and dedicated countless hours to ensure this local treasure would not become just a fond memory of days gone by.
This beautiful farm serves as a vital link not only to Hunterdon County’s rich agricultural heritage, but also as part of a 200-acre greenway with Mine Brook Park, the Morales Nature Preserve and the Uplands Reserve.
Its preservation gives us the chance to honor our past and make sense of ourselves as part of a larger story. But this is a story with new chapters just waiting to be written.
Hunterdon Land Trust aspires to make the farm a community destination for a wide range of uses: a place where family and friends can gather to celebrate life’s milestones; where children can explore nature and learn about the world around them; and where everyone can discover our rich local culture and history, which dates back, according to archaeological evidence, to around 2000 BCE.
Our Goals for the Property:
* Safer ways to enter, exit and move about the property, including ADA compliant access.
* Public amenities like restrooms, improved parking, and interpretive signs that will link the farm trail to nearby parks and preserved land.
* A sensitively rehabilitated barn for public and private use, and for educational programming.
* Enhanced stormwater management.
* Pollinator meadows on the property.
* Expanded riparian buffer for Walnut Brook.
* Improved wetlands and streambank management.
Architectural drawing showing plans for the bank barn.
FUNDS RAISED/LIST OF GRANTORS and PARTNERS: New Jersey Historic Trust – Grantor; Hunterdon County Historic Preservation – Grantor; Raritan Township – Partner; Jeffrey Miller Catering – Partner and Investor; Individual Donors.